Untangling Your World
COMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
If you’re a person who likes to be in control of their building but has no time to find out what telecom service providers (TSP) are doing in your building, then this is the service for you. It controls your building’s Communications Infrastructure (CI) core spaces, it ensures telecom codes, standards and regulations are followed, and it frees you and your people from dealing with TSP’s all together.
If you’re a TSP, you just got a fix for the common last mile issues: access the building right when you show up, receive guidance to the building CI core spaces and your equipment and, when required, have plan reviews completed in days by a registered RCDD.
Legend says the griffin was known for being especially powerful and loyal, they were said to be amazing guardians of their owners’ treasures and priceless possessions; similarly, SPRECOM is an amazing guardian of a building’s CI.
Communications Infrastructure refers to the cables, pathways, equipment and core spaces within a building that are used for, distribution of those critical communication services to tenants and building systems. The Property Management aspect represents the comprehensive management attributes that a building has normally however, with a twist, our property management is fully focused on the building’s communications infrastructure.
As founders of the CIPM industry, Sprecom offers a unique solution that operates in any building type. All CIPM programs are specifically tailored to meet our clients’ communications infrastructure needs, building by building, and provides building owners, managers and telecom service providers with a tangible outcome – control.Any building can have a CIPM program, which will give you control while ensuring the building’s communications infrastructure is telecommunication codes, standards and regulations compliant.
SPRECOM is the leader in making CIPM services fair, transparent, and of significant value to building owners, managers and telecommunication service providers no matter the building type.
WHY: We believe in empowerment, fairness, helping others and innovation.
HOW: Ensure compliance to telecom codes, standards, regulations and by actively listening.
WHAT: Operate Communications Infrastructure Property Management (CIPM) programs.
To build a mutually beneficial bridge between the building management and telecom industries.
Our Communications Infrastructure Property Management CIPM program enables both the telecom and property management industries to operate in the building effectively and efficiently without interference, restriction or distraction from the other.
To deliver quantifiable value nationally through our CIPM program.
Expertise: through continual learning.
Openness: by listening and sharing.
Leadership: caring for those who follow.
Facilitation: positively connecting two unrelated industries.
Simply put, government decisions have made building owners solely responsible for their building’s CI Core Spaces *. In combination with that, the demands on building owners’ and property managers’ time are ever increasing and the skills required to maintain these complicated areas are becoming increasingly specialized.
SPRECOM’s CIPM Program is responsive to these needs and delivers the following benefits:
Increase in productivity and time through Sprecom’s Controlled Access service, while outsourcing CI related responsibilities to industry experts.
Your asset value is protected by ensuring that the condition of the building’s critical CI core spaces does not degrade over time but rather improves.
Management of the building owner’s liabilities to telecom codes, standards, and regulations.
100+ years of collective telecom experience and expertise in telecom code, standard and regulations.
Risk management through telecom occupational health and safety, operations, and security.
Experts in Intra (within the building) and Inter (operating from the building) contract negotiations ensure you are getting fair market value while protecting your asset.
Per regulations, the CIPM program can be partially offset by the telecom service providers and this fee is distributed equally amongst the providers.
Retain and attract tenants though well managed Communications Infrastructure by ensuring your buildings readiness for evolving CI technologies.
*CRTC Decision 99-10, *CRTC Decision 2003-45
- Provides you with experts to run your CIPM program, including an RCDD (Registered Communications Distribution Designer) resulting in a cost savings of $120K/year.
- Telecom service providers operating intra-building services offset the CIPM program an average of 40% – 50%. (Savings vary by number of TSPs servicing building)
- Per regulations, Telecom service providers don’t pay for access and are provided a single point of contact
- Your team can focus on their core competencies, building operations, and the tenants.
- You can leverage Sprecom’s existing relationships with the telecom service providers for quicker response to tenant inquiries regarding telecom services.
- Telecom installers have access to telecom specialists who can provide them building specific Communications Infrastructure (CI) information greatly reducing their onsite times.
- Control – telecom industry experts qualify access requests to the buildings core space by tenants, building tradespeople or telecom service providers, freeing up your operations and management.
- Telecom Service Providers and tenants receive assistance as needed to swiftly resolve CI issues.
- Detailed records of the building’s CI are developed, maintained and are available at any time.
- Moves, additions, and changes are qualified to ensure they comply with telecom codes, standards and regulations.
- Telecom service provider operation type is identified, and the appropriate compensation is negotiated.
- Ensure compliance to the telecom agreements including obtaining current insurance certificates.